Sunday, April 10, 2011

Another Mojo Monday 185

Ever make a card that just ISN"T you??  I know there are many stampers who LOVE lots of "stuff" on their cards, and they do it beautifully... me...not so much.  I love to make a one layer card...I love to make multi layered cards...and everything in between.  But when I make a multi layered card...I like it most if it doesn't LOOK like it has alot of layers, or has a lot going on...I'm realizing that I really AM a clean and simple kinda stamper.  This is my second attempt at MojoMonday185...the first one I deleted...it wasn't "me" and had lots of stuff on it.  I made a card yesterday casing Silke Ledlow, and loved the layers but incredible simplicity and clean look her cards have, so I decided to make yet another MojoMonday185 card, but with her influence!  Here's what I made:
This is the first time I have pierced this much...before maybe a corner, but decided to take it all the way around the panel.  I added a border piece on the bottom and added silver pearls.  The rest is pretty simple...and with the butterfly...I had black 26 gauge wire and wound it around the body of the 2 butterflies and twisted it once at the top, and cut and sort of curled the antennae.  Now THIS is more me:):)!!  Just goes to show you that you CAN make a cleaner card, no matter how many elements or layers are in the sketch:)!!  Thanks Silke for the wonderful inspiration your cards bring to me:)!!!!
Things I used:
Stamps: Stampin Up For All  You Do, Stampendous(sentiment)
Paper:  Papertrey Ink White, Old olive,daffodil delight, barely banana, SU hostess designer paper
Ink: Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive, stazon black
Extras: SU border punch, olive ribbon, piercing tool, silver pearls, black wire, pretty in pink brads, pop up dots, nestie circle and lacey circle dies, SU butterfly die

Thanks for taking a look...I hope your day is filled with wonder!!

4 comments:

  1. I especially love these soft spring colors and the wire on the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Lisa!! I love those pretty spring colors. Way to go using that black wire--that's the way to use your noodle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So crisp and springy! Love it! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is gorgeous! I love the dimensionality of it with the flowers, ribbon and embellies. What a great way to say hello to Spring!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa