Ever have an evolution card? One that started out with an entirely different thought, for an entirely different challenge, and it "evolved" into something TOTALLY DIFFERENT? This was THAT kind of card!!
I began with the thought of making a card for the Clean and Simple blog with a couple flowers made from a die I have. I wound up scraping the original flowers, and going with another on the same die, but then scraping the challenge(for now) to use the couple flowers I made, made ANOTHER flower, and made a card for SCS's CAS116 challenge...to make a card using the artist's rule of 3 on your card. It's funny how things go, sometimes:)!! This is the die I used to make the flower:
I found the simple scalloped circle very intriguing...and thought....what if I cut in between the scallops and made a crazy daisy??? So that's what I did. I cut into the center of the circle...not too far and definitely not perfectly(no matter, the brad covers the imperfections)...just always look to the center when cutting, otherwise your cuts will go sideways a bit...well, mine did:)!! I also used a die for the leaves made by QuicKutz that I purchased from Amazon.com some time ago when looking for leaves and vines. The die is 12" long, but I use it to the length and sections that I want. I ran it through once in yellow, and once in black and filled in the black vine with the yellow vine's leaves. I added sentiment and a rhinestone to dot the "i" .
Things I used:
Stamps: Hero Arts Birthday Messages
Paper: Papertrey Ink white, black, daffodil delight
Ink: Stazon black
Extras: QuicKutz Leafy Vine Die, Provo Craft flower Die, Doodlebug chunky brads, clear embossing powder, yellow rhinestone