Saturday, April 9, 2011

CSC34

This month at Case Study Challenge the featured stamper is Silke Ledlow!  I have greatly admired her work since I first saw her cards 2  years ago!! She has clean and simple lines and her cards are beautiful!!  I remember messaging her when I first joined Splitcoast Stampers about her silver pearls...no one uses them so wonderfully!!The featured card this week is this one:


I really didn't want to change anything...I wanted to totally case the card, but changed a few things and made this:
I changed the color, the border, the sentiment, and the embellishments, but I LOVED the images and layout...so I kept that all the same!  I LOVE how she doesn't have to frame each panel, pops it up, and it looks beautiful...sooooo cool!!
I used Papertrey butterfly dies, and then the stamps, colored with old SU markers and layered.  I used the SU border punch, and the black dots are Enamel Accents(I use them ALOT!).
I am looking forward to the rest of the month...but I doubt I'll veer too far from her work...it's my chance to have Silke's cards for my own:)!!
Thanks for looking, I hope you have a great weekend!!!
Things I used:
Stamps: Butterfly Dreams, Turning a New Leaf, Fiskars All Year Greetings
Paper: Papertrey White, textured Taken with Teal, SU design paper(Apricot Appeal)
Ink: Taken with Teal, Bermuda Bay, Apricot Appeal, Barely Banana, Stazon black
Extras:SU border punch and satin ribbon, Enamel Accents, silver pearls, PTI butterfly die, clear embossing powder

7 comments:

  1. Pretty cards! I like both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful CASE of Silke's lovely original, Lisa! I love the colors you chose. Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, A gorgeous CASE indeed! And I'm with you; why mess with perfection! You certainly created a beauty here; I love the colors you chose to work with ... I need to get myself some of those dies ... love those butterflies! And I'm going to have to look up and find some of these enamel accents ... I've never even heard of those before but I love how you used them! NICE CASE! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...you are too sweet Lisa! Thank you!!! Your card turned out FABULOUS! I love the colors you chose and how you added the pearls! Psst..I'm totally addicted to them..how about you??? thnk you so much for playing along this week and I'm so looking forward to next weeks card :)! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree with your sentiments about Silke's card, I thought exactly the same-lol!!! You have paid tribute to Silke's creation perfectly, I love the subtle changes and the amazing mix of colour!
    Thank you for joining in the Silke fun at CASE study this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Lisa...this is superbly gorgeous! So very elegant and classy...the colors, the embellishments and that stunning black bow all come together marvelously! Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word, that a pretty, literal take on Silke's card, I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa