Friday, April 15, 2011

FTL135

I made this card...super late...for Clean and Simple's challenge#135 found HERE:

This was the sketch:

    
I used a new stamp I got from Papertrey Ink(thanks Mom:)!!) which stamps a gingham pattern and a flower from another PTI set.  The doily design is a die from PTI, as well.  It was a little tough figuring out how to make it work...the first couple times I used it, it didn't cut the paper too well.  I put an extra piece of packaging paper(really thick) behind the cutting part of the die, and it worked like a charm!  I struggled with the sentiment...tried a bunch, but settled on a simple "hello"...I thought it just fit:)!!  I know I may be in the minority...but I was sad when Taken with Teal was Taken Away...I LOVE teal!!  Oh well....I bought a bit before they stopped making it:)!!
Now, I'll be right in time for the next Clean and Simple sketch....YEAH!!
Things I used:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Background Basics: gingham and Beautiful Blooms, Stampendous Happy Messages
Ink: Taken with Teal, stazon black
Paper:  Taken with Teal, bazzill white
Extras: Papertrey Ink Doily Die, stick on glitter dot, pop up dots

Thanks for taking a look, hope you have a great day!!

5 comments:

  1. Lisa, that is so clean and pretty! I love that striking flower and gingham stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Taken with Teal too, Lisa! It was one of my favorites! I love the gingham stamp and the flower is beautiful! I'm still trying to figure out how to get that scallop look, much less punch it! I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love your colors. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card - and followed your link to your blog - from SCS.
    This is absolutely gorgeous, and simple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card! Beautiful color combo!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa