Thursday, April 14, 2011

OLW49

I have been out all day working in the yard...cleaning up and cleaning out my yard...whew...it has been A LOT of work!!! I made this card early this morning for One Layer Wednesday, this week hosted by Jennifer Styles, her blog and the challenge found HERE    The challenge this week is to make a one layer card with green and pink and a stamp that has never seen ink!  I hate to admit...I had a lot of choices:)!! 
This is a stamp from Gina K Designs( a set that included MANY stamps...but this one required coloring, and I  don't do a whole lot of that, so never used.).  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink, and also, has never been used.  I stamped the image and then the sentiment and THEN colored.  I colored a perfect image earlier, and then added another(but different) sentiment and it goofed... and all my work....gone.  So, I decided to stamp the image, then stamp the sentiment and if all goes well...then color!!  I have a little wooden frame I purchased at Mike's(Michael's) for 99cents that allows you to emboss leaving a rectangle untouched...the size was PERFECT...here's a picture:
So after I put the card in the embossing folder, I put the frame over the image and sentiment and embossed  with one less acrylic plate(I have a Big Shot).  I then took my Martha Stewart scoring board and scored a frame around the image and sentiment.  I goofed with putting the frame a little too close to the flower...but it will have to do:)!!  I added 2 rhinestones in the centers of the 2 open flowers and done!!
Things I used:
Stamps: Gina K Designs Enjoy the Sunshine, Papertrey Ink Asian Fusion
Paper: Bazzill white
Ink: Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, stazon black
Extras: clear  embossing powder, pink rhinestones, sizzix embossing folder, wooden frame, MS scoring board
Thanks for taking a look...I hope you have a wonderful day:)!!

10 comments:

  1. I love your card. Thanks for sharing your technique with the frame from Michael's. I am going to run out and get me one. The flower is really quite perfect.
    I worked in my garden today, too. Tomorrow I am going to feel it...Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, your card is gorgeous and your frame a wonderful idea, it works brilliantly, clever:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful! I love the way you embossed, leaving the center blank. I love the image too. I'm off to Gina K's....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Lisa! I love the frame and I don't think the flower is too close at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. The embossing and frame are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card and I love the frame idea, funny but I only saw this idea on You Tube last night. Going to have a go at making my own frame template.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this - I saw the thumbnail and thought, "so pretty but not a one layer" - I was so wrong!! What a cool technique and a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, this is so pretty! I LOVE the way you've left the center without embossing. I've tried to do that several times and it just doesn't work for me. Maybe I need to get something thicker than the cardboard I tried.

    Your coloring looks fabulous...a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card....love how you embossed the frame...thanks for sharing how you did this...I must go try it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card! Love those flowers with the embossed dots!

    And so cool to learn your trick with the embossing!

    Great job on the challenge and thanks for playing along with OLW49!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa