Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sentimentally Framed Tulips

I made this card for the One Layer Wednesday challenge #50...to make a one layer card with an old stamp and make it a thank you card.  The challenge can be found HERE .
The basket of tulips is my old...very old stamp.  The date on this stamp is 1995...it's one of the few I kept after giving up stamping some 10 years ago.  I began anew a couple years ago, but STILL love this stamp...and was excited to be able to pull it out and ink it up again.  I colored it with SU markers, stamped and framed with sentiment.  I took pictures of how I framed it...just in case you were wondering(if you click on any of the pictures, it will give you a closer look:)!):
I used  a nestie and marked the corners with light pencil(to be erased later:)!):
I then took my sentiment stamp that I centered from top to bottom  ON A LINE of a gridded block, and lined the grid line the stamp was sitting on with each of the sets of corner lines.  It looked like this:
Did that all the way around, added rhinestones, scored lines at the bottom and added ribbon...I know...a bit heavy with the embellishments...but I thought they really "fit"...and weren't too heavy??!!:)!

 This is the first card I made...had it done, and then realized that the challenge was a Thank you card....so made another with a bit larger sentiment stamp.


Being this was my first one, I think it's a little "off",  I learned so many little things as I went... but it's ok.  Somewhere I read, recently said that  the flaws are what make our cards handmade...so a little "off" is ok.
Things I used:
Stamps: Annette Allen Watkins, Papertrey Ink Giga Guide Lines(thank you), Hero Arts Everyday Sayings(thinking of you)
Paper: Gina K Pure Luxury
Ink: Soft Suede, Early Espresso, real red, old olive
Extras: MS scoreboard, gingham ribbon, nestie, red rhinestones

Thanks so much for looking...hope your day is filled with inspiration:)!!

5 comments:

  1. What a cheery basket of tulips. I love how you've colored it. What a fun idea to frame it with the sentiment. I'm going to have to try that sometime. Thanks for showing how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this basket of bright, happy flowers! Thanks for the tips on framing with the sentiment. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the basket of flowers. And I really appreciate the tutorial on how you did the sentiment around the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there, love this beautiful card, the colours are bright and cheery and the design is great:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are lovely and a great tutorial on how you framed the image, those nesties sure are worth the money spent on them :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa