Wednesday, April 13, 2011

SC328


The sketch challenge today, at SCS is this:
This is what I made:


This is a close up on the diamond glazed middles.


I decided on a daisy bouquet by Gina K Designs and after stamping it, decided to try the  clean and simple look and style of Silke, once again(it's addictive:)!!). By that I mean the simple layering and the use of silver pearls that she is known for...but it DID just feel right with this stamp and this card.  This will be my mom's card for Mother's Day....she LOVES daisies!
I stamped the flowers, colored the stems and centers, and then used diamond glaze to put a shine in the middles of the daisies...rhinestones or pearls just don't have the right shapes, and this makes it a little fancier than just leaving the centers plain.  I added ribbon also from Gina K, and used a sentiment from Stampin Up's Teeny Tiny Wishes, here:
The small circle did not afford the opportunity for a large sentiment, so I masked each word, and stamped them vertical.  I started with the word "mother's" first, making sure it was kinda centered, and then stamped the other two...just a thought.
Used a piece of Bazzill embossed paper from Mikes, and a striped embossing folder for the yellow.
Things I used
Stamps: Gina K Designs Enjoy the Sunshine, Stampin Up Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Papertrey Ink white, bazzill embossed green, daffodil delight
Ink: certainly celery, old olive, daffodil delight, stazon black
Extras: Circle and scalloped circle nesties, ribbon, silver pearls, clear embossing powder, SU border punch, Cuttlebug embossing folder, diamond glaze, pop up dots

Thanks for taking a look, I hope you have a wonderful day:)!!

3 comments:

  1. Lisa, I saw this pretty card in your SCS gallery and noted that you now have a blog, so I popped on over. It's looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your wonderful comment on my card today. I noticed you had a blog so I thought I'd stop by and comment on your beautiful daisy card. Love the simplicity and the way your did your words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty, Lisa! You are definitely dong a great job channeling Silke. Your mother will love this as her Mother's Day card!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa