Friday, October 21, 2011

Autumn Blessings

Just a quick post before shopping with my daughter, today:)!!...
 I was part of an online class a month ago with Jennifer Mc Guire...LOVED it!!  These birds were a part of the class...a template with the 5 birds which I copied off on Papertrey Ink cardstock and cut out.  I used a Hero Arts flower stamp(Large Open Flower) and stamped the pattern on each bird in Chocolate Chip and clear embossed.  I then swiped each bird with a different color of distress ink and wiped off(in order: Antique Linen, Scattered Straw, Tea Die, Brushed Corduroy, Frayed Burlap). Popped each up over a piece of twine.  The sentiment is Papertrey Ink(Autumn Acorns) stamped in chocolate chip, too.  Here's a bit of an angled view to show the dimension. Oh...the card is 8 x 4 inches.
Thanks for looking, hope your Friday is fantastic!!!
EDIT:  I contacted Jennifer McGuire about the template, and it is for students of the online class only, and cannot be given out.  You can, however, still register for the READ/WATCH ONLY MODE of the classes which include these birds...you can find the link HERE if you are interested in being able to download the bird template yourself:)!!

11 comments:

  1. These birds are fantastic! I love the different shapes and the neutral tones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for making this card, I have that Hero Arts stamp and I'm stumped as to know what to do with it! It looks fabulous on these birds, what a wonderful card :)
    My favourite colour tones too.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful and elegant. Gorgeous colours and I love the patterned birds. I love the way they are sitting on the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful card, simple and elegant! Birds looks so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just drawn to cards that have birds on them! There's just something about a lovely little bird! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I signed up for Jennifer McGuire online class after seeing these birds. But I can seem to find the template, can you help me?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carol! Go to day 11...you'll find the card she did with the birds. Underneath the picture should be a download. When I downloaded and went to open, I pushed on pdf files and the birds, along wih butterflies and other templates came up. Please let me know if this helps, I will help further if you need it:)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops, Carol, I went online to the Inspiration challenge...it might be under the pre class...I'm not sure because this is after the original, if it is set up the same as mine. Under MY pre class are the sketches and a link to the download templates...hope this might help, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty. I love those earthy colors.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa