Saturday, October 29, 2011

Trying My Hand at Watercoloring!

I have a pad of watercolor paper, and decided to rip a page out and try my hand at watercoloring last night!  I had FUN...sort of like childhood all over, except a little more sophisticated:)!!  I used some Stampin Up stamps that were PERFECT for the task, here's what I came up with:
 I used Stampin Up's Faith in Nature and a Hero Arts sentiment.  I used Fired Brick Spiced Marmalade and Peeled Paint distress inks with some water.
This one I used the Simply Soft stamp set, and rather than use the 2nd step stamping, watercolored the insides of the flowers....again using distress inks: Barn Door red, Spiced Marmalade, and Dusty Concord.  Stamped the same flowers on the Old Olive card in versamark, and added black ribbon behind the flowers.  Popped up all panels...card is 4 x 8".
Not sure what watercoloring is supposed to "look" like...but I do know it was fun!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Your watercoloring looks great. It is fun isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Lisa, love the effect, great card too :0) Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good to me Lisa, the stamped images are perfect for the job :) I really love the first card, the over the edge colour looks great :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa