Monday, July 2, 2012

Happy Birthday for Noah

My son Noah's best friend is Noah!  I know...how unusual is that??  Today is the friend Noah's birthday...he is 16!  Noah has been the best friend my son could ask for.  Since Noah's injury 5 years ago, Noah and his mom have come to our home twice a week to sit with Noah and give me a chance to shop or do whatever.  Now that our Noah has a van, we take our Noah to their house one of those two days a week...but our family has so appreciated their friendship and love!!!  Noah(the friend) LOVES animals!!  He is becoming a rescue/rehabilitation caregiver (he came today to sit with Noah...ON HIS BIRTHDAY),  today he had 9 baby  opossums that he brought with him because they need to be fed every hour.  I found this little mouse in the set from Penny Black Paint the Town...and paper pieced it all...I know...CRAZY...but thought it so cute...
 I just love paper piecing!!  Even the tiny little flames...well, maybe not THOSE!!  And there are 8 candles and 9 flames...how fair is that???
Used gray bazzill, cream and a rainbow of colors for the candles all layered on Papertrey Ink white.  I also used a shadow stamp from A Muse to ground the little guy.  The sentiment is Papertrey Ink.  Happy Birthday Noah...we love you!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

11 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card. You son's friend sounds like a treasure and a true friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful story of friendship and caring...thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great post and a fab card! I like paper piecing its a very effective technique.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love paper piecing too but I always seem to choose the tiniest images to work with! LOL!

    Friend Noah sounds like an amazing young man and I wish him well in reaching his dream of working with animals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Noah's Noah! His card is absolutely wonderful. And how blessed your Noah is to have him as his friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A special card for a special young man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is some seriously small paper piecing! Great card for a great friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Lisa - I am becomming addicted to paper piecing but I'm not sure I'd have the patience to cut all those tiny flames. Well done you! And happy birthday to Noah, he sounds a great friend to your son, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa, I'm so touched by this lads friendship with Noah..... I bet it would have been so easy for many of his friends to slip away from him!!
    I'm sure he'll love this card being an animal lover..it's so cute :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cute Lisa. I love this cute image and your color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always loved this adorable image and your card is just perfect for a teen's birthday! I thought I was bad with my tiny little die cut color placement, but now I see someone else enjoys that tedious work just as much as me! The result is fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa