Wednesday, August 7, 2013

CASology Week 56...DESSERT

The cue word for the challenge this week at CASology is DESSERT...
I decided to use a set from Papertrey Ink, Comfort Food,  and made my card for this challenge...
I stamped everything but the bowl , using die cuts for the ice cream container and bowl (had a die cut for the spoon, but was too hard to match and stamp, so stamped on silver, embossed with silver and cut out:)!). 
  I paper pieced the top of the ice cream container as well as the top of the bowl. The bowl's pattern paper is Indian Summer from Basic Grey.   I was going for a Blue Bell "look" with my ice cream.  For those not familiar...Blue Bell ice cream is a Texan ice cream started in 1907...some of the BEST tasting ice cream EVER...and is making its way across the country, it just reached us here in Virginia 6 months ago... we are really enjoying trying all their many and incredible flavors!  All that to say, one of their trademarks is their gold top...so I stamped the ice cream container on gold paper with versamark and gold embossed then cut the top off to achieve the gold Blue Bell top:):)!!  Ice cream is one of our family's favorite desserts, and as the sentiment says...it is the cure...hmmm...for pretty much everything:)!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

Edited*** I am so thrilled and honored...thanks so much, Maureen for choosing my card as an Honorable Mention this week:)!!!!  Such fun!!!...

9 comments:

  1. This is amazing, I love all of the details you created to make this a replica of the Blue Bell look. I've never had Blue Bell but your card makes me want some! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, I could have this for breakfast!! I LOVE ice cream ,,YUMMMY

    LOVE that gold top and silver spoon!

    Thanks for playing in the SWEET Dessert Cue with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're right about ice cream curing all - and hopefully Blue Bell will one day make it up here to the great white north! lol! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet...I love your bowl and would love to have a set just like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing, love all the little details! Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is totally cute! I love the spoon :) Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you have but a lot of work into your card and it certainly has paid off ...love it!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, so much great paper-piecing in your card...and what a wonderful sentiment! We do love ice cream in our house...a preferred dessert, for sure! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is just delicious Lisa..... I love the ice-cream tub and bowl :0) We don't seem to 'do' ice cream in a big way over here but I loved trying lots of flavours when we were in Switzerland for our hols!!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa