Saturday, August 17, 2013

Happy Birthday Flowers

I had gotten the Hero Arts Tall Flowers stamp I used on this card a while ago...just getting around to using it...what fun!!...
I stamped on some Soft Suede cardstock with versamark and white embossed the stamped image. I then colored the flowers with my Prismacolor pencils.  I can't tell you how much I love my Prismacolor pencils...their color is so vivid and beautiful...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to color with them...feel like a kid again, only a more sophisticated kid , and able to get a much better look with my colors than when I was a kid:):)!!!   TIP:  When coloring detailed work with these colored pencils, such as some of these flowers, make sure you keep the pencils constantly sharpened, having a sharp point, so the pencils don't color on the white embossed areas...makes for a crisp clean colored look!!  (They WERE an investment...but one I have been so glad I made...and have never regretted!!)   I dotted all the flowers with rhinestones, the sentiment is a cut apart sentiment from Hero Arts also versamark stamped/white embossed...wrapped twine around the panel and tied in bow... FUN!!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! I never would have guessed that you used colored pencils with vivid colors like that! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaw dropping gorgeous....I can see why you love them Lisa. The color is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning - love the jewel like colours of your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you added the sentiment, Lisa, and the great jewel colors that really pop against the kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning! I can see that I'll have to dust off my prismas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Lisa, thanks for the tip too :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful Lisa! Quick question with your colouring: the tip to keep your crayon sharp is great. Do you just color or do you blend with a stump and gamsol as well?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great question, Katherine! I have stumps and baby oil (I use that instead of gamsol), but this card...pure coloring...nothing else:)!! Another tip...try your colors on the color paper you will be coloring on, if not white BEFORE you color your actual images. Not all prismas look intense on colored papers and some shades of colors look more intense than others...color on scrap first:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a beautiful card! The color is so saturated.

    I love to color too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! Beautiful card!
    now all you need is a beautiful Birthday floral bouquet to match :)
    Flora&Leo Bouquets

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card and imagine if you matched the colour of the flowers on the card, to the colour of the birthday flowers! That would be really cool!

    Thanks,

    Birmingham Florist

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness what a great technique! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa