Thursday, May 1, 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch #73...Big Red Flower

It is definitely Spring here in Virginia!!  I have been busy redoing the landscape in the front of our house...it has been real work and taken ALOT of my time, but I finally finished yesterday, and hurriedly made a card to enter the challenge at CAS(E) this Sketch!  Here's my card and the sketch...
This has been a two week challenge, CAS(E) this Sketch combined their sketch and challenge with Runway Inspired Challenge...so I will be entering my card in their challenge, too:)...
OK...I found a patterned piece of paper from Michael's for the patterned material of the model's pants and a red flower to go with both challenges.  My gray went darker, my flower's center went yellow I "wanted" blue, tried black...yellow just made ME happy...and at the end of the day, and it WAS the end of the day, yellow was the color:)!!  I used a darker red for the flower's outline, a much lighter red for the centers.  The outline is layered 4...yes 4 times...and a traced and cut out flower on the bottom with adhesive to make certain the centers of the petal stay put! 
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

12 comments:

  1. Oh my..... just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you nailed both the inspiration and the sketch! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE! LOVE! Of COURSE, I HAD TO HAVE the die! Shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous!! Right on the mark!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Perfect take on the inspiration photo and sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Lisa! I love your (card!!) dimensions and placement of same. Very pleasing to the eye - great work.

    Mary Mac

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another stunning card -- you are such an artist....Love everything you make!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful take on the challenge, Lisa! Love that beautiful bold flower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is just gorgeous - I have this die, it is one of my all tome faves. I love the layered look - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your paper choice is just PERFECT! I can't believe you found such a great match :) Lovely card!! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa