Saturday, May 31, 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch! 78...Emboss Paste+Paint

The sketch this week at CAS(E) this Sketch is cool!  The wavy lines had me thinking of the Leaves stencil by Simon Says Stamp!  I used some green craft paint mixed with my translucent embossing paste, and stenciled my leaves.  Here's my card and the sketch...
 Super clean and simple.  I tried and accomplished to not totally mix the paint with the paste to get a marbled/varied look on the leaves.  I stenciled on a total A2 unfolded card...stenciling is easiest and turns out best if it is done on a flat surface...so I cut down the panel after the paste/paint dried.  How do I know this?  I tried it, stenciling the panel already cut, with the stencil's leaves hanging over the edges...got paste/paint under the stencil...just saying:)!!  Here's the sketch...
I used a sentiment from Winnie and Walter...love these sentiments!!!
Here's a close up of the glossy embossed leaves...love the varied color mixed with the uneven texture and shine...
OK...FUN!!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

5 comments:

  1. I love the leaves for the challenge, Lisa, and the embossing paste really makes it out of the ordinary and terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is gorgeous! Fabulous technique and take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That greenery is gorgeous and I love the bold message!! Way to go - this is very well done!! Come on over to my blog - I am hosting a giveaway for my 50th post!! Taunya Butler at daisiesgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the texture from the embossing paste! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa