Wednesday, May 28, 2014

CAS·ology 97...BEE

I haven't played the CAS·ology challenge in a while, couldn't resist the challenge this week, what great fun...
I only have one bee image stamp, but I think it's cute, and combined with a how to by Jennifer McGuire...I just HAD to try it, here's my card...
I decided to combine the bees with the folded card technique I viewed on Jennifer's site.  I half die cut two hexagons, then die cut and layered those hexagons, and fully cut one more hexagon on the card and one smaller one underneath it for 3 bumble bees to pop out of...
This shows the card partially open...
This shows the inside, where I added stamped winding trails to the bees:)...
My daughter wasn't happy that there was so little room to write inside the card, but I thought...Bee Happy says it all...say I love you and sign your name...what more do you need?  What fun this was!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

17 comments:

  1. Super cute! Love all the fun details and the surprising fold (I saw that video too - way to take it to the next level!) Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So amazingly fabulous, ingenious, fun, cute, perfect. Love love love it.
    Sarah
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa this is BEE-tiful--ha ha. I love your use of glossy accents on the bee--looks fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing card ...closed or open! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could you share which video it is of Jennifer's?

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Geri! I have the post highlighted in red...simply click on it:) Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousMay 28, 2014

    Wow, your card is full of fun!!! Love your partial die-cutting and the shape of your card. I agree with you that "Bee Happy" says it all. Thanks so much for playing with us at CASology this week. May

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute card! I love bees! Your daughter should "Bee Happy" that you made the card! There is always the back for a long message... Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Lisa you really went into 'overdrive' on this one, WOW! It is Fab-YOU-lous. Your INGENUITY and VISION are 2nd to none. I'm awestruck---AGAIN. Thank you for always filling us in on the details.

    Mary Mac

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love this card. Actually, I love all of your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The die cut technique you used is so cool! I love your DP. Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. AnonymousMay 30, 2014

    Wow! this is amazing!! Can't say I have ever seen anything like it! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute and so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ingenious! Love your card x oodles!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just too darn cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just too cute! I'm going to have to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa