Friday, May 23, 2014

Father's Day Parades

I made a couple Father's Day cards using 2 different Simon Says Stamp Parade dies...the Diamond Parade and the Star Parade dies, placing them on the cards vertically...
 I layered the diamonds, and filled in, using some Lawn Fawn striped die cut paper.  I added a sentiment from Avery Elle.
The second one I used the Star Parade die, but this time, used some copper metal for the top layer of the die cut layered border.  I layered one of the stars from the die for the sole star to put back into the die.  THEN...I got a lighter (I had read about heating the metal to change it's color with a blow torch)...a grill type lighter, and heated my parade of stars AND the single star (be VERY CAREFUL...I am a real novice, and actually set the layered paper on fire once...so be CAREFUL if you burn your metal)...
  I loved the look of the "toasted" stars!!  I used another sentiment from the same set as the first card, but right after heating with embossing powder, immediately put  more embossing powder on the sentiment and heated again...giving the sentiment a very embossed look.  Here's a close up of the stars and sentiment...
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

6 comments:

  1. I just received my Diamond Parade Die today and can't wait to have fun with it...love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are terrific, Lisa, but that copper is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can really work those dies...great design...smashing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both these cards are stunning, Lisa!! Lovely use of both dies!!

    Greetings from Africa!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool effect on those stars! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh love both of these, although I think the stars are my favorite. Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa