Friday, May 23, 2014

Polka Dotted Thanks

My daughter loves polka dots and was given a polka dotted gift the other day.  She wanted a polka dotted thank you to give the gift giver...
I LOVE this alphabet stamp/die set from Papertrey Ink!!  I think polka dotted sentiments are soooo cool!!!  One tip, though. I have had trouble in the past, making this stamp/die combo work easily...until this card.  In the past, I would die cut the letters, then stamp ON the die cut letters...HARD to line up perfectly...and MANY attempts later, I realized the easiest and BEST way to use them, is to die cut the letters with thin cardstock/paper, with tiny adhesive, adhere those letters over the stamped letters, and THEN die cut...PERFECT EVERY TIME!!  I love them even more than before!!!  The flowers/stems are also papertrey ink...all the letters and flowers layered then adhered to the card.
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

6 comments:

  1. So lovely!
    Polka dot perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Lisa, I have trouble lining up dies and stamps and have started die cut first on light paper and positioning over the stamped image for placement. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so very much for this tip! You are sweet to share this with us. Once again, I love this "thank you" note card...Just perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After thinking about this... I do have a question. Why is the thin paper necessary? Why isn't it just as easy to stamp the letters first, then line the dies up directly on the stamped letters without using the thin paper? Why is the thin paper necessary? Just wondering... Thanks, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Phyllis! Great question! I have tried to line up the dies on the stamped letters, but for me, it's just as hard to get them perfectly "on" as it is to stamp on the die cut letters perfectly. I AM a bit of a perfectionist and wanting to find a sure fire way to get it perfect with the shortest time and littlest frustration, this way worked for me:)! Thanks for asking...hope your weekend is wonderful:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry, I have to stop visiting your blog. Every time I come, I have to then go to some shop and buy something! I can't afford you! lol! (I will definitely be back after heading over to Papertrey!)

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa