Thursday, May 22, 2014

Simon Says Stamp June Card Kit...Three Ways to Use a Leaf!

The Simon Says Stamp June Card Kit is beautiful and fun!!  This month's kit comes with a sweet set of sketched floral stamps and sentiments, along with some cool patterned papers, solid colored cardstock, enamel dots, washi tape, wooden flowers and alphabet stickers...LOTS TO LOVE!!  Such a wonderful array of products to create some sweet and fun cards!!

  Here is a close up pic of the stamp set...
  I was especially drawn to the solid and outlined leaves of this set.  I found ways to use this two-some differently in 3 different cards:
With the first card, I used the outlines and the solid stamps of the flowers and the leaves...stamping ON one of the pretty patterned papers, and layering on another paper from the kit!  I stamped one sentiment from the set within another.  I hand drew my lines for the  flowers' stems.

The second one I used the leaf outline stamp as petals for a flower that I had wanted to give a 3D look...I cut them out after stamping them...and used another one of the wonderful sentiments from the set that I thought PERFECT for my flower...

This last one, I decided, looking at another of the sentiments in the set that says, "Love is Everything", I thought how could I make LOVE out of the stamps from this set??  I used the background of the leaf and stamped two of them together and made a heart.  Here is a pic...I made flowers, too...for another card?...

I cut them out and lined them up on one of the pieces of dark gray card stock from the kit...
What fun... this set inspires!!!  Sketch flowers are so the rage...this set makes some pretty flowers with so little effort, and what I love about this kit, is you have everything you need (except the ink) to make some cool cards!!!  Thanks for checking in with me today...hope you have a great day:)!!  Hugs!!  Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful, Lisa! Love that you added stems to these fun flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the different looks to your cards. The hand drawn stems are an excellent addition. Your hearts are genius :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards cannot wait to get my kit this month

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you sure got a lot out of that set! Looks like the SSS ink is pretty good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure showed the versatility of the stamp set. Way to think outside the box.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa