Tuesday, May 12, 2015

CAS(E) this Sketch 122...Birthday Butterflies

Made another card for the CAS(E) this Sketch 122 challenge this week...what can I say...having fun with this sketch!!  This card followed the sketch a bit closer than my first one a couple days ago.  Here's my card and the sketch...

 I decided to use butterfly dies (from A Muse(the only link I could make to the butterflies was to a general page...if you press on the red words above), along with a sentiment stamp and banner dies both from Simon Says Stamp to make a birthday card!  I layered both of the butterflies, then wrapped black wire around the centers of the butterflies and gave them antennas.  I DID emboss the card with the Papertrey ink linen/canvas embossing plate, but had a hard enough time taking a pic of just the images...so sorry, the embossing is a subtle detail, and adds to the dimension of the card, but doesn't show:(!  I cut the card down to 4" to be able to hang the banners off the edge(LOVE the curvy fun lines of these banners!!)...didn't want to lose the ends by cutting them off!  This is such a fun challenge and such a fun sketch...if you haven't, you might want to give it a go:)!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Lovely Lisa, just warms me up like a big smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love your patterned butterflies! Super sweet take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful take on the sketch, Lisa! Love those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa