Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Summer Greetings Thanks: Monochromatic with a Little Red +...A Rainbow!!

I used the cool new Simon Says Stamp Summer Greetings dies to make a couple needed thank you cards for some some friends of ours...
I used textured papers and die cut from a red, two grays and black papers and layered each twice.  I DID trim the die cuts on this card to give the look of the sentiment the same width on each side .   I then layered them on the card in a brick kind of pattern...needed a more manly thank you, and this is my very favorite color combo for guys.
Then, I used the same die on some striped paper...
I die cut the sentiments from another piece of the same paper (so the whites and blacks would be the same shades), layered them with a thicker black or white die cut,  and adhered them to the opposite black/white stripes on the card panel.  I added a tiny layered heart from another wonderful Simon die for a pop of color, and to add some "love" to my thanks!  
I edited this a day later to add yet another card I finished the next day, but with a rainbow of color...
Used a rainbow of color patterned papers for my die cut "thanks".  Lined them with black paper, and adhered a tiny heart of the same die cut paper into each "a".  Lined them up with a T Ruler before popping up and adhering to card...
These are such fun dies...they also have  coordinating sentiment stamps, so the possibilities are huge, but think it's so cool to know that the dies can make cool cards all by themselves!  Oh my goodness...what fun!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

1 comment:

  1. ADORE the first one and well done on the others. Such a great little die!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa