Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Woodgrain and Leaves Hello...It's in the Details

I made a Fall card using the new Simon Says Stamp One With Nature stamp set and a new "Hello" sentiment...
I used a couple of the Stitched Slopes and Hills die to cut my woodgrain card panel.  I stamped the leaf on the vellum with versa mark, then white embossed.  I turned the vellum over and colored the leaves with markers.  I used the same woodgrain paper to die cut the "hello" die.  I  swiped the paper with Tim Holtz Scattered Twigs ink and layered the sentiment 3 times.  I popped up the upper and lower panels over the leaves.  Only thing was...I WASN'T HAPPY with how it looked...Here's the pic I FIRST took of the card...
The Simon Woodgrain paper is REALLY WHITE...which is wonderful, except when you've got white embossed leaves.  Wow white embossing powder is the whitest white embossing powder I have ever used, but next to this woodgrain paper, it looks "creamy".  SOOOOO...I used my Frost White Color Box ink, and swiped it over the two panels(covering the leaves, so they didn't get inky!!), and just in case you couldn't tell the difference from my first two picks, here's a close up of the original paper, with the swiped card next to it...
OK this card is the perfect example how in card making, it IS all about the details...I just think the card looks so much more cohesive with the swiped panels...the stark white just left me feeling like 
 all the pieces of the card didn't quite go together...it didn't look right to me!  Here's a close up of the leaves...notice how the whites blend...
SUCH FUN!!  We have had SUCH a dry summer, that our trees are already losing their leaves...Happy Fall, early:)!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful with this curved cut !
    Best, Synnöve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love it, for my opinion this is just perfect!!! I pinned it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those colorful leaves with the woodgrain cardstock! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me want to buy EVERYTHING that you post! :)

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa