Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Crazy For Christmas...Gift Giving!

Today is day two of the Three day event at Reverse Confetti...Crazy For Christmas!!  Today, the theme is gift giving and I chose to make my much loved Cinnamon Pecans that I give each Christmas to friends and family, and dress them up a bit!!  Just to warn you...this is a long post...grab a coffee!!
I used taller, 12 oz mason jars, and took them from the jars on the left, to filled with a white top...those on the right...

Then...I dressed them up!!  Time to take out all those pretty ribbons I have that I barely ever use any more, and the wonderful new tags and various dies from the latest Reverse Confetti releases, to make them pretty!!
 The black, red, white and gray thing going on with the first one, using the Topped Off Tag, Bubbly Tag Topper, and the Hang Ups Confetti Cuts dies, along with a sentiment from the With Love stamp set

 The traditional red and green in this one...those Holly Confetti Cuts...I absolutely LOVE them!!!  I glued the leaves and the berries onto a piece of twine and wrapped the twine around the bow. 

The third one, a bit untraditional in color,  again uses the Topped Off Tag, Bubbly Tag Topper, Hang Ups, and Winter Words Confetti Cuts dies.

Using the red, white and kraft colors, I made a simple jar with the Wreath Confetti Cuts die along with a sentiment from the With Love set.  I dotted the wreath with Enamel Accents.

And last, but not least, pink with some red and green...for one of my dear, SWEET friends.  I added a wreath on the top of the jar for some added color.  
The list below will let you see all the Reverse Confetti Products I used on today's projects:





I never knew of these delightful pecans until given some in a basket of delicious Harry and David treats from a neighbor about 10 years ago.  I tried a bunch of recipes, until I found one that tasted just like those delicious pecans in the basket!  Along with my decorated jars, I thought I'd share my recipe with you all for these wonderful pecans, just in case you decide to try your hand at giving these as gifts!:

Cinnamon Pecans
1 pound Pecan halves
1 egg white
2 tablespoons water
1 cup sugar 
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Mix egg and water, beating until  frothy.  
Add pecans and stir until coated.
In another bowl, mix sugar, salt and cinnamon.  
Toss wet nuts in dry mixture to coat.  
Spread onto cookie sheet.

Bake at 250 degrees for 60 minutes, stirring occasionally(I stir them every 20 minutes) until nuts are dry. 
When cool, store in cookie or candy tin.
***I double the recipe and it will make 8- 12 oz mason jars full of nuts (that was minus all the nuts I ate!!)  Hope you enjoy:)!!

Here's a list and links of the other Confetti Crew gals that have gift giving ideas to share with you today:

One more day of Christmas Craziness...memory making...check out the Reverse Confetti Blog for more details!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

9 comments:

  1. What an awesome collection of tags and packaging, Lisa! Thanks for the recipe, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Love the tags and thanks for including the recipe! I make Cinnamon and Spice Walnuts for gift giving every year...but I'm thinking I should try your pecans and see what I think about those too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all darling! Your bows are so perfect. Thanks for the recipe. What great gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the recipe! Your jars are ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet of you to share a fun recipe! Love the Tags and the Bubbly Toppers. I couldn't buy it all so I left them behind, now I'm sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for hostess gifts! Question: do you use a glue gun to keep the ribbon in place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Teri...I used a glue dot on a couple of them...holds just fine:)!!

      Delete
  7. These are wonderful, love how you've dressed up these treat jars, so so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa