Monday, November 28, 2016

Four Die Cut Rainbow Birthday Cards

I have been on a roll with scraps!   I had 3 scraps of rainbow paper strips on my desk, and knowing I couldn't use them for a very sizeable sentiment, or very many, I tried to make the most and came up with FOUR simply done birthday cards...
 This one used two Papertrey Ink dies, the "birthday" layered 3 times underneath the color.  The HAPPYs are adhered to the card(and not perfectly I must admit...oh well...perfection is highly overrated...and this was my second attempt, and I became too tired to care...I think it STILL looks nice:)?!!).  That IS the only problem with Glossy Accents used on a die cut that you adhere directly to a card...you only get one shot at precise...once you lay it down, moving it leaves a trail of glue goo, so if you don't get it right, it's a trail of glue goo, a redo, or a boo boo...mine is a boo boo.  I'm laughing at myself:):)!!  Here's a close up...
 This is the second one I made with the same scrap as the first, again using the Papertrey Ink "birthday" die.  The "HAPPY" is a cut apart sentiment from the Lawn Fawn Tiny Tags stamp set.  Used a black background using the backside of the patterned paper that I used for the last card on this post:):)...using ANOTHER scrap!!...and the pattern of the background matches the pattern on the "birthday"...
 ...a close up...
 The third one uses a die from Reverse Confetti and the same "HAPPY" from the previous card...
 I used an impression plate from Papertrey Ink to add a little interest without having to add another element to the diagonal rainbow(the only way I could make the die fit the scrap...kinda like the diagonal lines!!)...
The last, but not least, is one very similiar to one I made a few months ago, except, this time with a black background(matching the pattern of the sentiment) and no stamped sentiment...


and a close up...
Oh, I am having sooooo much fun!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

6 comments:

  1. what a fun set of birthday cards - love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, your cards are all wonderful. I think you're being far to hard on yourself regarding the first card. But, we always are our biggest critics, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had fun looking at all your fab cards! Thank you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh..... birthday/rainbow loveliness! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooooo! I love them all. Hope I have some stuff that will work. They are all perfect to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice cards Lisa, it was fun AND inspiring just to look at them!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa