Thursday, November 17, 2016

PEACE

I had my Simon Says Stamp Big Peace dies on my work desk, and, with some patterned paper, made a "PEACEfull" Christmas card ...
I love to look up what colors are associated with words.  Love is red, joy is yellow, and peace is green...so I decided to pull out my Doodlebug patterned paper and gathered all the greens to use for my BIG PEACE!   I used 1/4" strips of seven papers adhered together to make the letters of the PEACE into multi colored/patterned letters that looked the same all the way across the card.  After die cutting, I layered them, and then used a piece of white and green textured paper to adhere them to.  I made a stitched border to give the sentiment a kind of frame.  Here's a close up...
Oh... simplicity brings me such joy...but Joy was last week:):):)!!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

11 comments:

  1. Love the papers you chose, it turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card Lisa!!! It´s just PERFECT....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I love the composition. How did you manage to adhere `the paperstrips so tightly and smoothly together? I have adhered a few by putting them on top of each other, but that quyickly got too thick fot my Big shot.

    Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a tombow runner, and adhere tape to the cardstock that I'm going to put the strips onto, and then start at the edge of the cardstock, and simply put the strips down edge to edge. I put them down gently at first to make sure they ARE side-by-side, then, when see they are TIGHT, but not overlapping, I press them down and start the next one. Hope this helps...

      Delete
    2. It helps A LOT. Thank you so much! I will definitely try out. Fingers crossed ..

      Delete
  4. Ooh this is a beautiful design! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the card and would like to try and make something like it. However, I am not quite sure what you mean " I used 1/4" strips of seven papers adhered together to make the letters of the PEACE into multi colored/patterned letters" How did you adhere the i/4 in strips together? Did you adhere them to a piece of card stock? Thanks for your suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I adhered the 7 strips to a THIN piece of cardstock, horizontally. This patterned paper is heavy, so ahering to thin paper is better for a clean die cut, once they are adhered. What's great about this die, is that PEACE is all one die, so the letter placement is already done for you, and the strips of color will always be perfect from "P" to "E". Hope this all makes sense:)...

      Delete
  6. I absolutely LOVE this, and I love that you laid your strips horizontally!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa