Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Sweet Succulent Thank Yous

I'm in Florida visiting my daughter, son-in-law, and baby granddaughter for a couple weeks!!  I had helped my daughter with some baby thank you cards a number of months ago, and just had to show you a few...
My daughter, Hannah, LOVES succulents!!  She wanted to make her baby thank you cards with succulents on them, so I chose the My Favorite Things Sweet Succulents...I thought the plants looked fun, yet amazing, and had a variety of pots to go with them!!  I stamped on watercolor paper, die cut, and layered the plants and pots, and added adhesive dots on the bottom of the 70+ pots.  I also stamped the wonderful sentiment stamp from Reverse Confetti, Lots to Say (LOVE this set, and perfect for these potted pretties!!) on 70+ cards.  I sent all of these plus my Peerless paints, some of the blocks from my Zig box of paints, adhesive and some brushes.  Hannah colored all the succulents and adhered them to the cards!  These cards were a joint effort:)!!  She had some that she hadn't sent yet, so I snapped some pics.  A succulent and sentiment...simple!!  Here's a close up of the first...
The second a blooming cactus...love the way she shaded the pot...
She loved the thought of being able to paint, and I LOVED the thought of her painting the plants and pots, too!  I have fun watercolor painting every once in a while, but am definitely not as adventurous as Hannah! I  think she did an AMAZING JOB coloring!!  Here's a close up...
Here's a pic of the cards she has not yet sent...
 SUCH FUN!!!  How wonderful and so amazing that you can make so many cards that look so different, yet with only one stamp set, and have a long distance bonding moment with your daughter on top of all that fun..LOL!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

4 comments:

  1. A mother/ daughter project! So fun. She did a great job with her shading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards. A team effort was definitely needed to send out that many cards. Six is the most of any one card I can make without being bored to tears!! LOL. Love your coloring, Hannah. Congrats on the new baby! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a great team! Fantastic cards!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa